Oprah’s big secret, my big hopes
Oprah Winfrey plans to reveal some type of big family secret on her show Monday.
Whatever it is, she says that she’s been keeping it to herself for months and that it “literally shook me to my core.”
Of course, the media is all abuzz over this. I wonder how many satellite trucks are stationed outside Harpo studios?
Since Ms Winfrey will have the eyes and ears of the US at her mercy around 3PM CST tomorrow, here are some of my hopes for the “big secret”:
1. She realized the high rate of obesity in the US, especially in her family (speculation), and that something must be done. She will travel across the US on a “Healthy Eating” roadshow. Has she already hinted at this?
2. Quite a few women in her family have let their hair grow natural, and she’s doing the same. Each show will have a 10-minute spot on how to care for natural hair.
3. One of her family members is functionally illiterate, so she’s starting her own version of Saturday schools.
4. A cousin told her that she didn’t have to go to South Africa to help wayward girls. There are some not too far from her hometown that need her help.
5. Another cousin told her that not all of the movies she’s involved in have to deal with depressed black women in the hood. She can make movies with black characters from a plethora of genres: Science fiction, comedy and thrillers.
Hey, I can dream can’t I?